Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mommy-hood

Wow! I can't believe I'm a mom! My baby is 2 months old now, but it still seems so strange that she's my child and I am responsible for raising her! The journey thus far has had its ups--precious sleeping moments; smiles just for me; wide, inquisitive eyes--and downs--not knowing how to soothe a wailing baby at 2 am; not being able to sleep in any more...ever!; having to leave my baby with someone else while I go to work--but it's all worth it! I can't wait to experience every stage along the way as my Eleanor grows up.

What would I do without Ryan? He's the best husband and father in the world! He can soothe Eleanor when I can't figure out what to do, he helps with her in the middle of the night, he keeps me sane! He's also been a trooper when it comes to using cloth diapers; he now says they're not bad at all! :) I love knowing that Eleanor will have a positive example of what a man should be like. Best of all, he simply adores his daughter. I love watching him with her; it's the sweetest thing in the world.

If I can remember to blog more often, here's where readers will see what my life as a mom is like. I want to give you information about cloth diapering (how cheap, simple, and fun it can be!), tell stories about my baby, encourage other breastfeeding moms, and basically just be real about mommy-hood. I hope eventually I will find time to read books and crochet because I would love to continue posting book reviews and pictures of finished projects, but for now being a mommy is taking up all of my time outside of work. Oh yeah, and I will try to post lots of pictures!

Thanks for joining me on this journey!

Baley

2 comments:

Ryne and Rachel said...

Aw you're such a good parent :) its rough at times but its so worth it in the long run. I'm so glad God chose to bless our families with little ones. I'm really curious about the cloth diapers, where you get yours and which ones you like the best. We did disposables and they've been expensive. You're always so positive :) keep it up!

laurettabear said...

I found your blog from facebook. I look forward to following your journey. :)