Thursday, July 15, 2010

My new computer

I am so excited to announce that I have a new computer. It is a 15 in. Dell Studio laptop, and its color is purple! How fantastic is that? Ryan would want me to tell you that it has a Core i3 processor (which means, I guess, that my computer is fast), 500GB hard drive space (I think), and lots of RAM. Hehe. You can tell I care most about the color. :) Actually, it will be nice to have a computer that works. My previous laptop is on the verge of dying, and we sold my desktop since I need a laptop more now. Teaching classes at two different schools will be much easier if  I’m mobile. Hence the new laptop!

I hope this will improve my blogging time. Also, the fact that I’m going to ask my students to blog should help, as well. I can’t ask them to do something I’m not willing to do, can I? Also, my computer also came with Windows Live Writer (which I’m sure anyone can access or download, but which was on my desktop and I had never seen before), which allows me to blog offline and save drafts on my computer. I can also see the actual look of my blog as I’m typing this (as opposed to the post interface in blogger which is just a blank white box to type in).

I’m also thinking about starting up a wish list on here of all the things I want (birthdays, Christmases, etc.). This way I have something to refer back to when I actually get around to buying some of it. If other people want gift ideas, too, that would be fantastic, but I’m not really asking for gifts here. We’ll see how this develops.

1 comment:

taylor noel said...

Hehe fun, Baley! :) I'm so excited about your new laptop (well, I guess it's not as new as it was when you wrote this... I'm a bit late)! And it's purple - now that's cool! Hehe. My laptop is truly on the very verge of dying as well... Hmmm... Maybe I should think about a green one! I would love it. And I'm open to the idea of not having a mac, although I still do love macs. ;)

Also, I love the idea of you putting up a wish list - yes please! :) Then I can have even better ideas of what to get you. Hehe. I have also been 'keeping' a wish list of sorts, but it's only on old fashioned pen and paper. I totally need to get back to blogging, Baley! (not to mention, I need to get more active! As a side note - hehe)

Love you and I LOVE reading your blogs! I kinda forget about blogger quite often, so I don't end up reading some of them till later, sadly, but I love them. Makes me feel close to you. :) Keep it up and I will do my best, too (don't know if anyone will find it worth reading, but it's such an enjoyable activity). x