Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My running journey begins

I never would have thought I would become a runner. I'm not so sure even now, but I'm definitely coming closer. On Friday and again on Monday a walked/ran 2 mi. in under 30 min. Now, for me, this is an accomplishment. I was able to run at about 5 miles an hour, and my walking intervals were shorter than my running intervals (2 min versus 3 min running). The funny thing is, I actually enjoy it so far. Running with my iPod is definitely better than running without it. Now I have an arm band for it that will make it that much easier to carry music with me. The race is keeping me motivated. If I can complete a 5K, then maybe I can continue running and someday run a half marathon. That would be fantastic! Eventually maybe a marathon. But I'm probably getting ahead of myself. Who am I to think that I'll become a real runner? Right now I'm into it, but what happens later when I don't want to do it anymore? What then? Hopefully I can look back at my blog and see what I enjoy about running; maybe that will keep the motivation up. I will say that I have had more energy in the evening after exercising in the afternoon. I've felt exhiliration from completing my goals. I should start losing weight soon, hopefully. Anyway, I'm excited about the journey I'm on and I hope it helps me get healthier.

No comments: