Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) The Witching Hour by Anne Rice


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'm torn between my admiration for the colorful writing, and my dislike of the entire subject matter and the end of the book. Rice writes very descriptively about New Orleans, architecture, landscaping, people, sex, feelings, etc. I was interested in the story, so once I started it I wanted to finish it. However, I wouldn't recommend it to Christians; people who don't like to read about witches, sex, or killing; or "children" under the age of 18. Also not recommended for people who want to get to the end of the story after 900+ pages. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people, so the ending left me hanging (and I don't want to drag myself through the next dark book to see what happens). One good thing: Rice left us hanging and wondering about what was really going on throughout the entire book, and did answer most questions by the end.


View all my reviews.

No comments: