Monday, June 22, 2009

Sabbath, Part 2

So, after our discussion about the Sabbath on Friday night, I tried to live Sabbath like I should. I love Sabbath, and I always will. It is our special "time out" to be with God. It can include time with family, rest, worship, and food, but mostly it's about worship and being with God. So, this last Sabbath, we went to church (which was a really nice service at Collegedale Community, by the way), then went to my parents' house for lunch. It was a pretty light lunch (very yummy), which helps avoid the usual slump I always get Sabbath afternoon that makes me want to take a nap. After that, though, I did go take a short nap, which was nice. I'm not sure that God wants us to waste part of our day with him in sleeping, but I'll try working on that little by little. If I can at least try to keep my thoughts focused toward him I'll feel better about my Sabbath experience. After that, Ryan and I prepped our food for the evening then went to hang out with our families and have some coffee. It was a nice, relaxing time. Then we had a supper celebration for father's day. A little after sundown we had sundown worship (if I had remembered earlier we could have done it then, but, out of habit, I didn't think about it). I felt like this Sabbath was a positive move toward better Sabbath-keeping, but definitely not at 100%. How do you keep Sabbath?

No comments: