Friday, August 21, 2009

First week of graduate school

It's Friday of my first week of graduate school, and I'm excited and scared! Not only do I have 3 major papers (15+ pages) to write this semester (one for each of my classes), but the type of research I'm supposed to produce is different than the kind I did in undergrad classes (I'm expected to come up with my own original idea after finding out what criticism already exists for my topic). Of course, with these three major papers I have other smaller ones (small means under 10 pages) and lots of reading with all of my classes. Whew! Well, can't really complain yet because I've just gotten started. I hope I can do well!
Ryan and I are exhausted after just one week! Our routine revolves around school and work, homework, and cooking and washing dishes. We have to prepare all our meals in advance (especially for Monday and Wednesday when we practically live on campus from 8a-8p). This of course creates a lot of dirty dishes which we don't have much time to clean up. On top of all this, Ryan gets to drive to Cleveland for work 3 days a week and doesn't get home till 9:30 on Tuesday and Thursday.
It's probably a good thing no one reads this blog. You'd just be bored!

No comments: